SOCIAL ENTERPRISE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
- Location: Budapest, Hungary
- Contract type: Full or Part time employee
- Salary: By agreement
- Application deadline: February 5, 2018
The Badur Foundation is a UK registered charity established in 2011. The Foundation’s aim is to tackle poverty through its projects in education, social enterprise and innovative technologies. The Foundation finds people and projects focused on helping marginalised and disadvantaged individuals and groups who want to help themselves improve their future prospects and those of their communities. Badur is currently active in the United Kingdom, Hungary and Laos.
The Foundation is seeking to recruit a Social Enterprise Development Manager for its Hungarian operation. Badur has been active in social enterprise incubation and acceleration for several years and we are an established player in the sector in Hungary. The Foundation helps social enterprises or organisations developing such ventures either as a donor and/or investor and/or capacity builder. The Foundation is looking to hire a committed Manager with a strong affinity towards mentoring and developing social enterprises that aim to create employment for disadvantaged individuals, to improve quality of life among people in poverty or to generate funding for social programmes. The candidate will have experience in enterprise development and/or business management either in Hungary or abroad, with a fluency in English and Hungarian being essential. The individual will work alongside the Country Manager and Project Coordinator under the guidance of the Trustees.
- To mentor social enterprises in the idea, incubation and acceleration phases including advising on business plans, financial projections, general management, advertising and marketing, product development, financing, risk management and capacity building of the team;
- To support our partners in the execution of their business plans throughout the implementation phases of their social enterprises;
- To assist our social enterprise partners with preparation of related documentation (e.g. business plans, fundraising presentations, grant proposals);
- To monitor and evaluate social enterprise programmes;
- To produce regular progress reports on the projects for the Board of Trustees;
- To work in partnership with other relevant external partners and advisors assisting the projects and contribute to the achievement of Badur Foundation’s strategic aims in Hungary;
- To ensure that his/her own professional development remains up to date with knowledge of local, regional and national developments and initiatives that may impact the communities the Foundation works with in Hungary
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Economics, Finance or Business Management or other related discipline
- Related 5+ years’ experience in business or financial management and/or start-ups and/or SMEs and/or social enterprise development
- Proven ability to apply a business or commercial thought process in decision making, planning and implementation of projects
- Diagnostic and analytical skills
- Able to cooperate and work with our strategic partner organisations
- Good motivational skills
- Good communication skills so that they can liaise with people at all levels from Trustees to those in fragile, vulnerable and socially excluded communities
- Able to negotiate with providers, government agencies, community leaders and other not for profit organisations
- Fluent in both Hungarian and English
- Good writing skills in English
- Other experience that would be advantageous but not essential to the role: experience in local development working with marginalised communities
In order to apply please submit an up to date CV and supporting statement in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your supporting statement should address your motivation to apply for the role and how you feel your experience relates to the job description. Your supporting statement should be no longer than one side of A4 paper or 500 words.