HATCHERY PROGRAMME – 2018 GENERATING AND TESTING VIABLE SOCIAL ENTERPRISE IDEAS
In early 2018, Badur Foundation launched a new and innovative Programme to support organisations and informal teams working in impoverished communities to allow them to create viable and sustainable social enterprise ideas. The Hatchery Programme offers support at the very early stages of business idea generation and validation through professional workshops and individual mentoring. The programme is carried out in cooperation with SIMPACT.
The Call for Application was launched in March 2018 and close to 20 applications were received. After thorough assessment of the applications, Badur selected five organisations and commissioned SIMPACT to provide five-month training and one-on-one mentoring to further develop the social enterprise ideas.
The selected organisations and teams are:
- Amigos a gyerekekért (Amigos for Children)
- Az emberség erejével Alapítvány (With the power of humanity Foundation)
- Monori Tabán Termelő Szociális Szövetkezet (Monor Tabán Producer Social Cooperative)
- Pressley Ridge Magyarország Alapítvány – No Bad Kid (Pressley Ridge Hungary Foundation)
- XXI. Századi Roma Nők Országos Egyesülete (The National Association of Roma Women of the 21st Century)
After the final pitch in November 2018, Badur Foundation will award selected organisations with a variety of further support such as:
- financial support for market testing of the product/service;
- covering the costs of a study visit to a similar (social) enterpise;
- further mentoring;
- providing initial capital to start the enterprise;
inviting the team to Badur Foundation’s Springboard 2019 Programme, through which the full business plan can be formed.
- Banner- Kevin Dooley, creative commons
- Thumbnail- Simon Bleasdale, Creative Commons